Send VECTOR files only : .EPS, .AI or .PDF
Please remove all need for fonts by creating outlines from the type.
(Select All, then click Command + Shft + O)
Contact Nik with any questions : email@example.com
(2) Opening a PIXEL file in a vector program does not convert PIXEL artwork into VECTOR artwork.
(3) Adobe Illustrator is a VECTOR program. Common file extensions for Adobe Illustrator are .EPS, .AI.
(4) Adobe Photoshop is a PIXEL program. Common file extensions for Adobe Photoshop are .PSD, .JPG.
(5) Some computers can not open .EPS or .AI files unless the computer has a VECTOR program installed.
(6) Designers can save VECTOR files as a .PDF, so every computer can open and view the VECTOR artwork or logo. This does not mean that all .PDF files are VECTOR files. Be sure to check that your designer created the .PDF in a VECTOR program.
// GOOD FILE! ZOOM IN on VECTOR FILE
WHY ONLY VECTORS?
BAD FILE! ZOOM IN on PIXEL FILE
GOOD FILE! VECTOR FILE at 200%
BAD FILE! PIXEL FILE at 200%
WHY WE CAN'T ACCEPT PIXELS?
PIXEL files do not contain a mathematical equation for a laser engraver to follow. No matter how simple the logo is, we can not create a laser engraving with a PIXEL file. PIXEL files are made of tiny boxes of color. Zooming in on a photo of a face you will see hundreds of colors ranging from black, orange, red, white, pink, yellow, brown... et-cetera. Each one of these tiny boxes of color is a single PIXEL. A Photoshop, .PSD, .JPG, file of a logo is the same as a photo of a face. If you zoom in the image will be made of tiny colorful boxes or PIXELS.